Lecture – Worth knowing easily explained
Cosmetic Dermatology - Needling
This method is based on the body’s regenerative ability of the skin. A derma pen, which is equipped with numerous, individual short needles, is moved over the skin area to be treated. The tiny needles produce numerous very superficial “puncture wounds” without damaging the deeper skin layers. The skin cells subsequently produce new collagen and there is a “skin rejuvenation”. After a few weeks, the effect becomes visible. The healing process can be accelerated by the addition of sera (e.g., hyaluronic acid).
For cosmetic needling, we use a pen of 0.25 mm to 1.5 mm depth. Depending on the area of the skin on the face, neck and décolleté, the right depth is chosen for you.
With cosmetic needling, successes can be achieved in the following indications:
- Refinement of the skin
- Tightening and firming the skin
- Alleviation of scars (eg acne scars, stretch / stretch marks)
- Regeneration of photodamaged skin
- Reduction of pigment disorders (hyperpigmentation)
- Reduction of fine wrinkles, especially for the eyes and mouth
- the treatment is feasible in local anesthesia and not painful
- no open wound
- short healing time
- hardly any photosensitivity
- low risk of hypo- or hyperpigmentation
In a consultation, we discuss with you your skin findings and possible treatment goals.
Make an appointment online.